Saturday 11 June 2011

Start of the collection...

I've been sewing and crafting for a while but only lately have I decided to take it a little bit more seriously. I'm thinking I might start creating a larger collection, see what people think of them and maybe sell them; see how things go. On here I will be talking about the latest crafts and my progress with them.

For Christmas I decided to make peg bags for my mum and gran, which are a fab place to start if you're looking for something easy to make. All you need really is one piece of material and sew it over to make a pocket, put a hole in the top for a coat-hanger and you're done. You can also add a few cute details such as lining or a bow as seen below...




At the moment I'm working on some clip purses which are turning out to be a bit of a nightmare getting the material to stay in the clip purse frame so any advice would be fantastic. This is what I have so far...

I am also working on a union flag cushion at the moment as well. I keep seeing them everywhere and want to get in on the act. At the moment I'm working on an all green design and have just been working out how I want to material before I start sewing. So far it doesn't look too bad...

Well that was until my cat Lizzie got to it...
Hopefully I'll get it back off her and be able to sew it together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment