Wednesday 30 May 2012

Summer shoes

Summer is here and it's about time to put the big sensible boots away in the cupboard and dig out the pretty little ballet pumps. I'm a bit of a cheap skate when it comes to pumps, as I wear them out so quickly and I think it's nice to have them in many colours or patterns.

There's lots of different ways to recycle last years pumps or add some extra flair to an inexpensive pair. I bought two pairs from Primark for £3 or £4 each and only used materials I already had in the house to customise them.




Adding buttons can create a great beachwear or shabby chic look. Just make sure that they either sewn or glued on securely.

Brooches, earrings etc can look great. Just make sure you have two the same or similar.

Bows and flowers are on a lot of shoes at the moment. You can recreate these with spare ribbon. A larger bow adds a more expensive feel to your shoes.


Lace. I love lace on most things, but this gold lace lining is perfect to add a bit of glam.

You can buy already made sequinned panels to add to your shoes. This one was actually off a £2 Primark headband. Just remember to buy two. 

I think I'll buying some more Primarni bargains and customising them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment