Saturday 5 May 2012

Paint it up!

Last Friday I went to Paint It Up at The Life Craft. I took a friend from work and together we painted up a storm. This was the last ever Paint It Up they were going to host and I definitely took advantage of that and painted  more than I have before.

It always starts with good artistic intentions and gets more creative as the drink starts flowing. I'm sure if I had spent more time and effort and wasn't necking back wine at the time then my pottery might have been a little better; but so what it's all part of the fun.

This was the first mug I painted. My mum loves butterflies and thought it would make a great gift for her. It does look like a child painted it, but the effort is there.

This is one I painted for my flatmate who loves buttons.

I definitely started to get too creative with this one. I was in two minds the whole night whether to just start again, but it actually turned out slightly better than I thought.

I tend to like things that are useful as well as pretty, which is why I painted so many mugs as I have way too many empty money boxes. I decided to mix it up a bit and paint a cupcake shaped dish. At a different Paint It Up night I painted a cupcake shaped trinket box, which I currently use a sugar bowl so I thought this might make a lovely addition to my kitchen.

There's still about a week left of The Life Craft being open so it definitely worth heading along to pick up a bargain or paint something pretty.

1 comment: