Saturday 28 April 2012

Colette Ginger skirt pattern

One of the blogs I follow is Cushion and Cake. It's a little crafty tearoom down on Old Dumbarton Road. I haven't been to it yet, really just out of not finding the time but it is on my to do list.

A few weeks ago they were blogging about an easy to sew skirt pattern. I've been recently looking at dress/skirt patterns on Ebay and looking for one to try. It's been a long time since I've worked off a pattern and it would be interesting to give it a go again. So on their blog's recommendation and enthusiasm I decided to purchase the Colette Ginger 1016 pattern.



The pattern has three different versions, version 1 with a pointed waistband, version 2 with a curved waistband and version 3 which has a straight waistband and is cut on the bias, making it great for stripes.

I don't exactly which one I'm going to start with or whether it will work out or be a sewing disaster but I have picked some material. It's a beautiful flowery ditsy print from Remnant Kings costing £5.99/m. There were both cheaper and more expensive materials that appealed to me but I decided on this one. 


I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how it turns out and hopefully giving my skirt it's spring debut.


The Colette patterns are available on their website, but this one was sold out so I bought mine for about the same price from a seller on Ebay.

Now just to get sewing...

No comments:

Post a Comment