Friday 13 April 2012

My first attempt at decoupage

Today I had headed to Damselfly and The Queen Bee to pick up a few bits of patterned paper for my resin jewellery. While I was there I found this stunningly beautiful decopatch paper. I've been meaning to try decoupage (or wrote as decopatch in some places)  for a little while. It is after all posh sounding paper mache, so it's something I'm positive a 5 year old version of myself would had a good go at. At Damselfly they have a really good collection of paper; in fact better than a lot of ebay sellers I've been looking at. This paper just jumped out at me and said 'buy me.'


I found a photo frame I've had lying around for a little while which I got from the pound shop; cause I'm classy like that. I've talked to a few people about decoupage before and PVA glue is cheaper and just the same as a lot of these special decoupage glues I've seen.


So I started ripping the paper into stamp sized (ish) pieces and glued them on. Pretty simple really.



It took a bit of time to do the whole thing but as you can see, it did pay off. All I need to do now is find something to put in the frame. Might make another one with a cupcake paper and put the chalk board for the kicthen in it.



I think this has given me the decopatch buzz - I want to decoupage everything! I'm actually itching to head back to Damselfly and buy all of their paper supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment