Monday 16 April 2012

1 picture frame, so many ideas

I'd been looking for the perfect picture to put in my newly made decoupage frame when it occurred to me that any picture I put in it would take the focus off the frame itself. I could have always put a small picture along with a white border to even out the focus or put in a mirror but I decided to do something else. Instead I made a jewellery holder/stand.


So I started with the frame I decorated the other day. I took out the glass and made sure the back was sturdy enough. If not I would have added supporting cardboard to the frame background. I was tempted to add coloured paper to the background but this time I decided against it.


I planned out with jewellery where I would put holes for earrings or hooks for necklaces or bracelets. Using a hobby drill I put small holes into the cardboard background.


I then added a row of hooks into the holes. If the hooks go right through the back of cardboard then remember to cover that up with tape at the back so no-one will stab their fingers.


With the earrings added and the hooks in place it was starting to take shape.


This is the finished frame. I could have stood it up as a frame on the desk but I decided to hang it on the wall next to my dressing table. It's a nice way of displaying my jewellery and de-cluttering my dressing table. Win win.


2 comments:

  1. This is cool. I like your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I never have anywhere to pick jewellery other than sat in a box or in a pile on my dressing table so thought it would be different.

    ReplyDelete