Tuesday 17 April 2012

Linzertorte

I don't know about you, but I love watching the Hairy Bikers new show Bakeation. They are essentially living the dream buy travelling across Europe and eating, drinking and baking all that there is to offer. I promise you if you're not hungry at the start of the program you'll be raiding the fridge by the end.

Last weeks episode was in Austria where they ate Sachertorte, yodelled and generally made me starving with envy. One thing they did bake was a Linzertorte. It is essentially a yummy looking giant jam tart with a cinnamon flavour to the pastry. Nom. I had to attempt to make it.


It was a simple recipe to follow and all the ingredients are affordable and easy to get hold of. I only made one mistake with mine and that was that I didn't leave enough pastry for the criss-cross pattern on the top. It doesn't look perfect but it does taste amazing and at least I know for next time.



You can find the recipe just here and the most recent episodes of the Hairy Bikers Bakeation are still on BBC iplayer and are definitely worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment