Sunday 22 April 2012

Miso Funky cross stitch kit

I've seen this brand around a few times at craft fairs and finally gave in to buying something. Miso Funky  'design and make cross stitch samplers with a modern twist.' They certainly do with vast amounts of cross stitch phrases like 'what would Nigella do?', 'weak tea, weak mind' and 'make tea not war.'
They have them in a variety of homewares and accessories including badges, frames and earrings. What I like the most is that you can buy the kit to make the cross stitch yourself or buy the ready made product.

I decided to buy the kit to make two coasters or magnets, one saying 'I <3 tea', the other saying 'I <3 gin.' Both phrases are definitely true. 

The pack comes with more than enough thread to make the finished product (even with mistakes), aida fabric, a needle, plastic coaster cases, magnets and a fantastic set of easy-to-follow instructions that includes a chart to show exactly where each stitch goes. 

Until getting this I hadn't done cross stitch to a pattern in quite a long time. I found it really easy to understand and follow, which means it would make a great gift even for those who have never done cross stitch before. All in all I was pleased with the end product and it made me want to definitely do a lot more cross stitch.


In the end though I decided that they were much too pretty to be sitting under a cup so decided  to use them as magnets.

The kit I bought cost £15 and can be found here. All kits come with free UK postage and can be sent internationally as well.



If you get a chance you might see Miso Funky at the next craft fairs you visit or just check out their website where they have a huge selection of products and crafts.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your review! Glad you enjoyed stitching it up :)

    ReplyDelete